Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Process has UNEXPECTDLY been terminated

That's exactly what had happened, and I dun know if I've done anything wrong or if I've violated any of the rules.
It kept fading and coming back, just like a fluorescent lamp that is trying to light but it can't and suddenly everything has been gone in the darkness.
And what's puzzling me really, is that this process is still on the top of the list of the processes that are utilizing most of the memory.I can't kill it without knowing why it stopped responding, I hate ambiguities and I can't kill it while I dun know why it behaved that way.

But on the other hand... is it logical to keep it alive, and waste these memory resources?!!
Or to keep it not responding, may be it's doing something in the background that I am not aware of, and after being busy doing that job, it will resume responding to the users requests.
I am really thinking about the right decision in that issue. What is the best practice in that problem.
I wish I knew the answer

No comments: